The Pirate Bay vs. Media Companies
Thanks to the email-leakage from MediaDefender-Defenders we now have proof of the things we’ve been suspecting for a long time; the big record and movie labels are paying professional hackers, saboteurs and ddosers to destroy our trackers.
While browsing through the email we identified the companies that are also active in Sweden and we have tonight reported these incidents to the police. The charges are infrastructural sabotage, denial of service attacks, hacking and spamming, all of these on a commercial level.
The companies that are being reported are the following:
- Twentieth Century Fox, Sweden AB
- Emi Music Sweden AB
- Universal Music Group Sweden AB
- Universal Pictures Nordic AB
- Paramount Home Entertainment (Sweden) AB
- Atari Nordic AB
- Activision Nordic Filial Till Activision (Uk) Ltd
- Ubisoft Sweden AB
- Sony Bmg Music Entertainment (Sweden) AB
- Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Nordic AB