IT at the Olympic summergames in Beijing
Lenovo rolled out:
- 24,000 desktop PCs: primarily M55e
- 10,000 17 TFT flat-panel displays
- 2,000 15 touch-screen displays
- 2,000 desktop printers: LJ7800Ns and LJ3500s
- 800 notebook computers; primarily T60s
- 700 servers: SureServe T350, R630, and R520s
- 5,000 showcase models across multiple athlete iLounges, hospitality centers, hotels, media centers .
According to David Churbuck, Vice President Web Marketing Lenovo,
Lenovo systems processed, communicated, and shared the digital stream of these Olympics with 100% uptime and accuracy. The Thinkpads even survived several downpours
beautifully thanks to their self-draining keyboards.