My Pamphlet, My Rules: Deal With It
No, I won’t publish your comment if you don’t provide a legit name. Even more so, if you are a 20+ microsoft and zune fanboy using language that is more appropriate at derstandard.at, …
Either you behave like a human being or you are out of luck here.To clarify:
- This site is free (as in free beer). Anybody can come in and read it.
- I do not require registration to read the site.
- Readers have the opportunity to publish comments.
- I do not require registration to publish on my site.
- I keep an audit trail of any such publication.
- I reserve the right to delete any such publication. The site is not free (as in free speech).
- I ask the commentator to leave a name. This is mandatory. If a commentator tries to publish anonymously, rule #6 is applied.
- I ask the commentator to leave an email address that I can reply to. This is mandatory. I never publish this address to protect the commentator from receiving spam.
- I give each commentator the opportunity to publish his site address. I automatically link to this site to make it convenient for the commentator to promote his site.
Besides these 9 simple rules, I also ask for some respect. If a commentator leaves his full name or a unique nickname, I find this preferable. If the email address he leaves has some meaning to me, I find this preferable as well. (Thanks to vowe for the list.)
My Pamphlet, My Rules.