Tips for Podcasters
Dear podcasters, dear interviewee, as I listened to several podcasts in the last view days, I would like to give you the following tips:
- Turn OFF all cell phones. Switching your cell phone to vibrate won’t help, you can still hear that in the podcast.
- Turn of your system sounds. Your listeners do not want to hear your new mail notification, etc.
- Turn of your PDA(s). Your listeners do not want to hear your reminder sounds, etc.
- Get a Pop Screen. Really. I mean it. Either buy one, or build it yourself. It will make your recording more understandable. Believe me.
- Use a wind shield if the microphone is right in front of your mouth (headset). There is not much that is more annoying than the constant breathing noises in the podcast.