Why „Social Media” will fail in Austria
Luis wrote a nice blog post on why organisations should not ban social media. In doing so, he wrote a nice list, why (in my opinion) – at least the larger companies in Austria - won’t adopt Social Media in the near future:
- Social media is a fad.
- It’s about controlling the message.
- Employees will goof off.
- Social Media is a time waster.
- Social media has no business purpose.
- Employees can’t be trusted.
- Don’t cave into the demands of the millennials.
- Your teams already share knowledge effectively.
- You’ll get viruses.
- Your competition isn’t using it, so why should you?
After listing these IMHO true arguments, he tries to rebuff them. Unfortunately, at least in my opinion, the arguments are too soft, not money/business related enough, to really debase the above mentioned points for a lot of Austrian decision makers.
But read for yourself. ;)